Saturday, August 17, 2013

And The Countdown Has Begun!

I am getting married in exactly 10 weeks! Give or take a few hours... I'm sure every woman remembers the countdown. Some women start counting down as soon as the date is set and some women start at various dates back (1 month, 2 months, 10 weeks, 100 days, etc.) I'm honestly not sure when I started counting down, but I think it was 2-3 weeks ago. I keep track of how many weeks and days. 70 days, folks!

Counting down really makes me more aware of how fast the wait is going. I keep thinking, "Really, it's already another week closer?" Being aware of how fast it's going also has it's downsides, though. It's really coming up on me and I'm all of a sudden getting nervous! That's normal though, so no need to worry. Some days I wish it were tomorrow though.

If the wedding would hurry up and get here, I would not have to worry about him backing out at the last minute. My constant insecurities cause me to permanently think of myself as not good enough for anyone. Luckily, my dearest Jonathan thinks that I AM good enough for him, so I don't have any REAL worries about him leaving me at the last minute. Right now we need to focus more on last minute preparations and arrangements (food, weight loss/dress alterations, tux rentals, tablecloth rentals, etc.) so we have no time to worry about who deserves who!

Now that the wedding is as close as it is, here are the things that we absolutely NEED to get done in the next month to make sure they're done in time and we can afford them:
  • Order bridesmaids dresses
  • Look for a place to live
  • Send out invitations
  • Finish paying off my ring (hopefully as a birthday gift?)
  • Pay back my mom the bit of cash I owe her
  • Put together our registry on Amazon.com (we have been putting it off for far too long)
  • Start ACTUALLY trying to fit into my dress
We've got most of everything planned, but not all of it is ready for action. We'll get there soon. Just having it planned is a huge leap forward, though! Hopefully we can figure it all out on time. Fingers crossed.

Now, who wants to see the invitations we've picked out and ordered? They got here about a month ago and I have been waiting for 8-9 weeks out to send them. I know some people say send at 6 weeks out, but most of our family guests live in other states so we figured sending a little early would be best. Anyway, 6 weeks just doesn't seem like enough time to make travel arrangements to me.

Crossed out names and super-identifying information for obvious reasons.


If any of you like this invitation, then I strongly urge you to buy any large quantities of paper goods on Vista Print's website. I really liked their selection and my ability to change any of the wording, font, and font size on the invitations! They've got a great selection of lower priced stuff and higher priced stuff. For 90 of these we only paid $56, what a steal! They've constantly got amazing deals going on, which is how we got these so cheap.

Anyway, sorry for going so long without posting on here. I hope that a few of my subscribers are still interested in reading about my journey to the isle. I will try to update more often in the next 10 weeks!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment