Saturday, September 7, 2013

What a Wonderful Man

As I mentioned in a previous post, because of money stress, we will be downgrading a lot for the wedding, including my ring. That's what we were gonna do, anyway. I should probably provide you with a little back story before I explain what he did the other day that was so darn special.

Our first Valentine's Day together, he gave me a ring. It was a promise ring, just to say that he'd stay with me as long as I'd have him. It wasn't like committing our lives together or anything, we weren't rushing, I swear! He didn't just give me one though; he had a matching one. The best part is that he made them himself. He's big into jewelry making and making me a ring was so sweet. Well, I had to stop wearing mine because it was getting tight and I was allergic to the metal, but he never takes his off if he can avoid it, two and a half years later!

Now, back to a few days ago. It was time to go to the jewelers and ask if we could switch to the more inexpensive ring that I liked and make a payment on that one. Well, he made a payment, but he told them we still wanted the one we had originally picked out. I told him we couldn't afford it and tried to convince him to just buy the less expensive ring. He wouldn't let me have the lesser ring and told me that he would wear his promise ring as a wedding ring so I "could have the ring I deserve."

Honestly, the ring wasn't really all that important to me. Yes, I did prefer one to another, but I wasn't about to complain because I was just happy to be marrying him at all! The gesture, on the other hand, was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I can't put into words how much it means to me that he would do something like that because he thinks I deserve the best. I'm the luckiest girl in the world and I won't be forgetting that any time soon.

With a bright smile on my face and a glow in my heart, I wish you a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment