Monday, October 14, 2013

There Comes a Time...

There comes a time during your engagement where all of a sudden everything hits you like a sack of bricks. This time has come for me. For anyone who has read my previous posts, you can estimate about how long until my wedding, right? For those of you who are new here, I will let you know that I am marrying the love of my life in 1 week and 5 days, give or take a couple of hours.

I've been doing a daily countdown of the wedding, so you couldn't say I wasn't aware of how close the big day was getting. Today hit me harder than it has been when I realized, "Oh, sh*t! I am getting married NEXT WEEK!" Pardon my French, but that is word for word what went through my mind. Knowing that there are 12 days until my nuptials is a big thing to go with a small number. However, days can drag out and one day could seem like weeks in the eyes of a woman getting married. Knowing that it's next week all of a sudden made it feel within reach. It is making it so real for me.

Here is my to-do list of all the last minute details I need to figure out and do before the wedding:
  • Go to the next town over to get our marriage license (today)
  • Call our priest and make sure that everything at the church is set and make sure the rehearsal is scheduled (today, but he won't call back until tomorrow or later)
  • Figure out how on earth I'm supposed to change my name and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything that comes with that (later, don't have the energy to research right now)
  • Wait patiently for my packages to arrive with last minute things for the wedding ceremony (today and tomorrow)
  • Tell Jonathan that I love him and that I am glad to be marrying him. (Today-next Saturday)
  • Calm the heck down!

No comments:

Post a Comment