Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Housewife Status

As I'm sure you've figured out from my previous posts, my wedding was on Saturday, October 26th of 2013. I got dressed up, had a beautiful wedding to start a beautiful marriage, had beautiful people by my side through the whole thing. I couldn't be happier with how everything happened.

I had all of these preconceived ideas of how the wedding should be; I would shed a few tears as I walked down the isle and said 'I do', Jonathan would have a single glistening tear drop as he saw me walk down the isle toward him, and so on. As you can see from the small description of my expectations, I wanted the fairy tale wedding that went exactly according to plan.

For any of you new readers, I feel I should let you know that close to nothing has gone as planned through this entire journey. It's been a tough road for everyone involved, but we made it to the destination in time, so I won't complain. No matter what things tried to go wrong in the days and weeks leading up to the wedding, it went perfectly. I marriage the man I love with all of my heart, so did anything really go wrong to ruin that?

My advice to all of the future brides who may be reading this: Do not go into the wedding with too many expectations. I don't mean that in a bad or insulting way, I just mean that (the ceremony itself, at least) it will go by so fast that you're not going to have time to notice when one minor thing goes wrong and there is a good chance you're not going to remember any of the little stuff that happened throughout the day.

This will be one of my last few posts, seeing as I am no longer making the wedding in the title of the blog. However, I will post another post or two with a few pictures that you may or may not feel like seeing and will link to my soon-to-be new blog taking place in the married life as opposed to engagement! Hope to see some of my followers on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment