Thursday, October 17, 2013

Relief Sets In

Though I am still having no doubts, I have been continuing to be nervous. Today I went back to the seamstress for another dress fitting, only nine days before my wedding. It fits PERFECTLY now. I have shoes to wear with it. A couple of weeks ago I had no shoes and it would only zip up halfway. I would have married my Jonathan with or without my ($600) wedding dress, but I am very happy that I get to wear it with. My wonderful seamstress is just finishing putting the lace back together and stuff like that and I get to pick it up on Monday.

A word of advice to any brides who buy a dress that doesn't fit quite right: Do NOT go to the seamstress employed by wherever you bought it. They may know the dress a little better, but they will charge an arm and a leg, and maybe your head too. At David's Bridal, I would have easily paid well over $200 in alterations alone for what I was getting done. By going to a local seamstress, I managed to pay $85 plus tax. It's incredible. She's been doing it for around 30 years and still charges reasonably!

Anyway, I will try to post pictures of the whole shebang sometime in the next week before the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment