Friday, December 28, 2012

Making Your Own Centerpieces

There are so many ways to have your centerpieces be at the reception. The most common centerpiece, of course, is flowers. It's easy, it's beautiful, it's expensive. Oops, did I say that last part? Yes, price is the number one reason why more people don't have flowers as their centerpieces. Flowers can be very pricey, but worth it if you have the money to spend on them. Flowers can be great, especially if you put them together yourself! You can have a bouquet of flowers you picked out yourself, or just have flower petals around the table without being the centerpiece. There are so many different ways to use flowers on your tables that you may want to reconsider using flowers, even if they are a little ways out of your budget. That's not for me, of course. I can't afford anything even a cent over budget.

The second most common centerpieces I'd have to say are candles. Simple, elegant, alluring. Candles make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Candles make you feel happy and at home. Candles can be the perfect thing for a wedding reception. Just candles, in my opinion, can be a little boring though, especially when it's just one. One idea is to add a few candles of differing heights to make the table look more interesting. You could maybe even add flower petals around them, real of fake, as mentioned above. Another thing I have heard of is putting tea candles in vases over water and let them float around. This idea, I think, is very cute and creative and will definitely be a hit. To be honest, candles, I believe, are usually best off at an evening wedding. They make everyone's faces glow, which just adds one more aspect of beauty to the whole ordeal, which is not something you can get during a day time reception.

A less thought of idea is to use a fruit basket. Fake fruit, real fruit; take your pick. It can be fruit inside a jar or vase, which can be interesting, or just a simple basket for people to look at or even eat out of. Pretty simple idea, and with the right fruit in the right season, it can look very appealing.

If you want to go super cheap but still something everybody will love, do candy bowls! Easy to do, inexpensive to pay for, and they taste yummy, too! An idea I heard of a while back is to do different kinds of candy at different tables to encourage people to mingle. There's a thought-- forcing your guests to get to know each other. Just kidding, I think it's a wonderful idea. I might consider it myself if I didn't have so many invited guests that come from such different backgrounds that it might be a little weird for certain people to get to know each other. Oh goodness, that must sound bad.

Anyway, whatever you do for your centerpieces, I encourage you to make it your own and reflect your and your fiancé's personalities. No matter what you pick, I'm sure it will be great. It is, after all, a wedding. Nothing can go wrong there, wink wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment