Sunday, December 30, 2012

Picking THE Dress

For most women, this can be a terribly difficult thing to do. So many dresses make you feel beautiful or they all make you feel fat. No matter what the reason is, it is difficult for just about any woman.

I am a mix of the two above women. I am overweight, so you would think that all of the dresses make me feel fat. WRONG. I felt stunning in all of the dresses that I tried on. I liked some of them more than others, yes, but I felt great in them all. Admittedly I did like some of them more than others, but that's beside the point. After my first time trying on dresses, I was convinced I found the one. Theeen, I went onto this wedding forum and found a million different girls with the same dress. All of a sudden, my dress seemed bland. After that happened, I decided I liked another one I tried on better. It had more detail, it fit my body shape better, and it was CHEAPER, all of which things I loved about it.

Looking back, I realized that after all of this I had decided on two dresses that were nothing like what I had pictured myself wanting. I hadn't tried on a single dress that fit anything like the description I had of a dress in my head. I thought about it and decided, "I've only even looked at dresses once, I need to give it more time before I jump into a decision."

As my mom pointed out to me as I explained this whole fiasco to her, "You can change your mind as many times as you want; it means you get the keep trying on dresses!" She is absolutely right. If I had made a final decision after trying on dresses one time, what if I had missed the dream dress that I may have tried on the next time?

So, to whoever is reading this, I want to tell you to TAKE YOUR TIME. Not just with your dress though, but with everything. Give yourself a chance to make your day perfect. No settling when it comes to your wedding.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment