Sunday, December 9, 2012

The beginning of a journey

In all honesty, I started this blog because a friend suggested it. She's got a pretty cool blog with the same concept and I enjoy reading her posts. Anyway, I hope people like my posts like I like hers!



So anyway, here's what we've done so far:
Set a date-- Check!
Start a guest list-- Check!
Set a wedding and reception venue-- Check!
Make a budget-- Check!
Try on dresses-- Check!
Do everything else-- Unchecked



So planning a dream wedding, or a wedding you can afford (hopefully there is some overlap), is no so easy. I mean, every little girl had the picture in her head of what she wanted, but things change once you grow up. Things especially change once you are engaged. In fact, EVERYTHING changes. Suddenly nothing is as easy and your mind goes blank. Everything needs putting together and it's not the same puzzle as when you were a kid.

Lucky for me, my fiance is not like most. Most men would just leave all the work to the woman of the relationship, and I don't have a man like that. Though we may disagree on somethings, I prefer that to having no help at all. He actually told me he doesn't want me looking at too much wedding stuff without him because he is worried I will do too much without him! So that's cool that he really wants to be involved.

I waited for the moment I would get engaged for a loooong time. When it finally happened, I didn't know what to do next. I hadn't anticipated anything past that. So basically, I was at a roadblock. My brain started to hurt from trying to think of what to do. I was flustered. Do all brides go through that or was it just me?



So anyway, that's the beginning of it all. More to come soon, and I will fill you in as it happens. You can expect a new post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment