Sunday, January 6, 2013

Meeting With The Priest

Today I called my priest back, and guess what! He called back an hour later! The last message I left must have gotten lost in cyber space, I suppose.

It's OFFICIAL! The church is now reserved on October 26th at 2 PM for our wedding. I am so exciting. When things happen officially it all seems to much more real. It seems so close but so far away! Almost 10 months before the wedding, and there is still sooo much to do and so little time.

We're meeting with our priest on Tuesday at 2 PM for premarital "counseling", I guess. I'm not sure what to expect, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am so nervous, because I don't go to church as often as I would like to claim, so talking to the priest will be a little weird. I barely know the priest when he's already been at our parish for almost a year, I think. It doesn't help that he's a very awkward and nervous guy, which is gonna make it even more nerve-wracking to me. I wonder how many times we'll have to meet with him...

On another note, we started a FB event where people can RSVP to the wedding. Don't worry, we're still going to send out save the dates and formal invitations, but this way we can get a closer idea of how many people we might be expecting. It won't be 100% accurate, though, since there are people we are inviting without Facebook accounts, or even computers! We've got 20 people who have said yes on the RSVP on FB and 9 maybes, SO FAR. We invited 108 people total, I think, but a lot of those people will be coming together if they do in fact come.

Anyway, I will stop using your free time by making you read my mind mush and let you go. Happy blogging!

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping in from WB to say hello! Hope the pre-marital counseling goes well today! :)

    ReplyDelete