Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Summary Of It All

We talked to our priest today, and we learned a lot of things.

First off, I can't wear a strapless dress. That's it. I have to find a bolero to wear with the dress I picked out or choose a different dress. That sucks, because I love the dress I found, just the way it is. I will live, though. No one died from covering their shoulders in a church. It's a good thing I asked the priest before I forgot!

Next, we talked about the things we need to do for marriage prep in my church. We need to use a number 2 pencil (so the priest joked) to do a long "test" basically asking us questions about each other and stuff like that. He said it will take an hour and a half. Whoa, that's a while! We're going back to the church on Thursday morning to get set up with that.

Another requirement to get married in my diocese is going to this retreat called "Engaged Encounter." It's about $300 for the weekend, which is pricey, but everyone I've heard from that's gone to it says that it was amazing and that they're glad that they went. I guess it's a good thing it's a requirement, because I probably wouldn't end up going otherwise. I'm sure it will be very good for us as a couple!

We talked to the church secretary about fees and such at the church. It will be $200 to rent the church for the ceremony, $200 for the priest/donation to the church, and $450 to use their side building for the reception. That's a bit more than I was expecting... Oh well, we'll move some numbers around I guess. It's not like we have any other choice.

I got my money today! I know that student grants are supposed to go toward living expenses, but at the moment I don't pay for living expenses and my school is 100% covered, so I guess I have a little extra money... Cha-ching! I can hear that dress just calling my name. And I would even have some money left over! Handy dandy.

On another note, I ordered the save the date cards last night, that I posted a photo of the other day. It was a good price, but they failed to mention the $20 shipping charge, which I couldn't downgrade from... It was still good, so oh well, I can deal with it. I also ordered the red pocket folds that I mentioned in a previous post for the invitations. 150 of everything! We will be set for sure.

So, that was our day... Well, last night too. We're getting there, slowly but surely!

No comments:

Post a Comment